We’ve been using Google Analytics events tracking starting from this year and they are very useful. This week we noticed that website events weren’t being tracked, and haven’t been from the beginning of May.
After checking, everytime we tried to call the pageTracker._trackEvent method, it always returned fail. After searching and testing a bit, we noticed that apparently google made some changes to the trackEvent method.
Where before they allowed the optional_value (the last parameter if the method) to be a string or a number, now it is allowed to be a number only… thus the correct params would be:
pageTracker._trackEvent(‘my_category’, ‘my_action’, ‘my_optional_label’, 14);
Hope this helped some people 😉 It helped me 🙂
Reference: click here