This week, I finally upgraded my iPhone 2G to version 2.2. It was very easy and fast. (Click here if you need to jailbreak an iPod Touch to version 2.2)
What needs to be downloaded for the upgrade?
Create a folder QuickPWN on your desktop and download the following items in this folder. So that you don’t have to search for your files when needed.
- iTunes v8.xxx – (if you don’t have installed, download from here)
- QuickPWN Tool 2.2 – here
- 2.2 Restore IPSW File
- Bootloader v3.9 – here
- Bootloader v4.6 – here
Install iTunes (if not installed) and the QuickPWN tool.
What should I do Next?
There are many guides to help you upgrade your iPhone 2G and 3G phones. So instead of creating another guide, i’m only showing you the steps you need.
- You need to first plug in your 2G iPhone, and open iTunes.
- Click on your iPhone menu item and click on Update to update your iPhone to the latest version.
- Open QuickPWN, making sure you have your iPhone connected via USB. Click Next.
- In the next form, browse for the IPSW file that you downloaded in the QuickPWN folder. Click Next.
- Check the following boxes near Add Cydia, Add Installer, Unlock Phone. Next.
- Browse for Bootloaders v3.9 and v4.6 (bl-39.bin, bl-46.bin). Next.
- Hold the buttons and perform operations as requested in this form.
- If you did everything right, it should load another form with a very good near it. You have successfully unlocked your iPhone.
For a more detailed guide, next please find a website which will guide you through the steps needed to unlock your iPhone on Windows by clicking here
[…] i tested it on two iphones so, it should work :). The only problem is that you’ll have to jailbreak your iPhone to do this. Why? Because the app that makes this magic is not on AppStore but on Cydia (if you […]
Just wanted to say thanks.. was helpful