The first thing I wanted to do when I got back an iPhone (again Hussaahhh :)… was to synchronise my contacts, calendars and emails. Everyday I use gmail as my main email, and store all my contacts and calendar events in my gmail account. So it was a no brainer to try to sync with google.
How it is done?
From your iPhone, go to:
- Go to Settings
- Choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Choose Add Account…
- Select Microsoft Exchange
Next start entering your account info:
- In the Email field, enter your full Gmail Address (ending with @gmail.com)
- Leave the Domain field empty
- In the Username, again enter your full Gmail Address
- In the Password, enter the password you use to access your gmail
- Tap Next and Choose Cancel
- A new Server field appears
- Enter m.google.com in this field
Press Next to continue
Select the Google services you wish to sync with (Mail, Contacts, Calendars)
When Prompted to Keep on my iPhone or Delete, it means that you can either keep all your existing contacts, and calendars or delete all your existing on the iPhone.
You’ve successfully set up iPhone Gmail Sync… Whenever you add or delete a contact or a calendar event, it is also added or deleted on gmail!! This will also be used as a backup of your iPhone Contacts, in case you loose it.
Happy Syncing!! 🙂