Microsoft has a promotion with Bing Rewards and OneDrive that gives away 100GB of free OneDrive storage but was only limited to USA citizens. That has now changed.. and this promotion is now open to anyone in the world. So what are you waiting for? Visit this link and follow the steps to get your 100GB in your OneDrive account. Let me know in the comments if you managed to do it 🙂
Windows Phone 7.8, an update that brings several Windows Phone 8 features to users of Windows Phone 7, will launch this tomorrow, November 28, latest rumours have suggested.
The Tonis Tech Blog has claimed its insiders “near the subject” have revealed that the update will bring a new Start screen to Windows Phone 7, along with more colour themes, the ability to transfer files via Bluetooth and an option to keep Wi-Fi open on Nokia phones.
We have previously heard that the update will add the Rooms calendar function, as well as Xbox SmartGlass and the Xbox Music Store. Hopefully tomorrow my Lumia 900 will have the new Live Tiles as in the picture! 🙂
Update – Christmas is coming a bit later this year since we’ll have to wait for ‘early 2013’ to get the 7.8 update. Just tried updating my Lumia this morning, but obviously no updates showed up. Hope the ‘early 2013’ means in January not in March or April! We’ll wait and see.
So finally after months waiting, we will finally know what new features the new Windows Phone 8. You can watch the live event here. Next are these new features:
New Live Tiles
- You can now resize the live tiles small, medium and large, making more space for tiles
New Lock screen powered by Live Apps
- For example Facebook is allowed to update your lock screen where you can be greeted by the latest photo updates
- Runs always in background and uses really few resources so the battery isn’t drained
- Terrific video chat
46 out of the top 50 apps will be available on Windows Phone like
- Temple Run
- Angry Birds Star Wars
- Jetpack Joyride
- Pandora will include a whole year with no ads
- Every web page is compressed before sent to the user.
- It finds wifi hotspots, prefers wifi against 3G and helps you manage your data usage.
- With data sense on, you can browse 45% more web pages.
- You can choose which games you allow your kids to play
- Swipe left from the lock screen to get to the kids corner
- And you can stay quite.. while your children are playing safe games
- Kids can custom tile sizes, change app positions
Jessica Alba is on the stage 🙂
- She had an iPhone and switched to Windows Phone.. go Jessica 🙂
- She has an app of her company on Windows Phone
- It gathers a set of people to share the same info together
- By default there is the Family Room
- Send private messages and share a location
- Has a calendar
- Share notes
- Good for todo lists between different people
- It can connect with other platforms, not all of the Rooms experience, but part of it
- Using SkyDrive you can sync all your photos with all your devices
- Xbox Music syncs all your purchased songs automatically without needing to use cables
Now we’ll wait for the devices to come out and try 🙂 My favourite? The Nokia Lumia 920, pictured above. What’s yours?
626 people are now keeping track of their personal and group expenses. Download and keep track of your expenses by getting Expense Box from www.expensebox.net or from the Windows Phone Marketplace.
This app is currently helping Windows Phone users track personal or group expenses, either when going shopping, organizing a party, a school reunion, go on a trip abroad, or simply going for a night out. It will store the payments done by each, and automatically calculates the exact amount of money each have to pay.
Finally, after much waiting, Microsoft and Skype announced the much awaited Skype app for Windows Phone, although it’s still in Beta. Apparently, compatible devices are the second gen Windows Phones including the Nokia Lumia Family Phones 710, 800 and 900 (and most probably the new Lumia 610 – more details on this one soon). This Beta version will allow free audio and video calls over Wifi or 3g, plus also paid calls. Continue reading
I ordered my Nokia Lumia 800 last Monday (12/12/2011) during a Cyber Monday sale on Amazon.de. Tuesday Morning shipped and on Wednesday in the afternoon was in my hands 🙂 Let me tell you, it’s awesome!! It’s really nice to handle and a joy to use. The Windows Phone OS is amazing on this device.
I’ll updating the site with more info as I continue using the amazing features of WP7. Till then happy WP7ing 🙂 More pictures of my new gadget after the break… Continue reading
And just like that, I just ordered my Nokia Lumia 800 on 12th December at exactly 9:00pm!! Today Amazon.de made a Cyber Monday sale where it slashed prices for more than 300 items, and the Nokia Lumia’s price slashing began at 9:00:00pm and ended at 9:00:20pm.. it only took 20 seconds for all the stock to finish!!! And I was one of the lucky to get one at a reduced price!!! Hussaahhh.
Now waiting for the delivery to take place!! 🙂 Hopefully it doesn’t take long!! 🙂 Btw it’s the Black one.. the blue one is still not available.. but the black will do just as good 🙂
With the announcement of Skype coming to Windows Phone OS, I think that another app that might be coming on WP OS is WhatsApp Messenger. It is a cross-platform mobile messaging app which allows you to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS. Currently WhatsApp Messenger is available for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and also Nokia.
The problem that WhatsApp messenger had with the initial release of WP7 was mainly due to the lack of permissions to access the address book and the lack of Sockets on Windows Phone 7. Continue reading
Sorry guys for my previos post.. it was too good to be true.. Apprently we’ll have to wait a little longer for Angry Birds on Windows Phone 7.. It’s going to be launched on May 25th.. sigh.. Better late than never!
According to Microsoft’s Joe Belfiore, Skype is “definitely coming this fall.” He said this whilst speaking at MIX 2011 which started on Tuesday.
With the extra phone integration features that developers are getting next May, you will be able to call your contacts using Skype. The Phone Integration features include Multitasking, Contacts and Calendar access, and also access to the Camera.
Will we see a front facing camera?.. Time will tell us.