Microsoft has a promotion with Bing Rewards and OneDrive that gives away 100GB of free OneDrive storage but was only limited to USA citizens. That has now changed.. and this promotion is now open to anyone in the world. So what are you waiting for? Visit this link and follow the steps to get your 100GB in your OneDrive account. Let me know in the comments if you managed to do it 🙂
A quick post, which you will find useful if you have the same issue with Office 365 and Outlook, though it can also be applied to Exchange as well.
It’s been weeks that I’ve tried to empty my Deleted Items folder in Outlook and every time it shows the following error: Continue reading
During the World Cup, I like watching the matches. But sometimes when I’m on the PC, I watch the matches in a browser. The problem is that when I open a new window, it will load on top of the browser, hiding the game. After a while, it becomes tedious. So I found the solution in this little nifty app.
Thanks for asking Cortana 🙂 and thanks for making my Windows Phone better. Yesterday Microsoft released Windows Phone 8.1 to all Windows Phone developers. To download you have to have a Windows Phone Store account and the app Preview for Developers installed on your phone. One of the most awaited features of the 8.1 update was Cortana, Microsoft’s new personal assistant for Windows Phone. It takes her name from Cortana, the AI in Halo, and it can help you with all your daily needs, set reminders, check the weather and much more. Continue reading
If you’re using CrashPlan for your online backup, and got the following message “Connecting to backup destination” (I have received this message for the last week), the solution to start backing up again is the following:
- Open Local Services
- Find “Crashplan Backup Service”
- Right Click > Stop
- Wait till the Status is blank (not Running)
- Right Click > Start
And voilà, CrashPlan will start backing up again.
Did you know that you can set multiple border styles for the sides of divs and images. By using the following css script, you can define any multiple borders you want:
By using this with another css trick, the border radius, you can set some nice effects when hovering images. The radius css is below (all three must be include to work in all browsers):
Do you have some more simple tricks? Let me know in the comments 😉 Happy CSSing!
So we where on a plane directed to Egypt with all the gadgets we could get to make a pleasant trip and view movies! The list included:
- a Tablet,
- one USB drives full of movies
- another USB drive full of TV Shows
- a micro SD Card with music tracks
- my Nokia Lumia with movies and TV shows for backup (just in case the tablet dies out)
- two headphones
- a jack splitter to use for both of us.
But there was one thing we didn’t get: a tablet Stand!! Continue reading
I’ve had many clients asking if they are safe to open a particular email. Some emails would be really valid, but most emails would be fake. So next are some points to help identify fake emails:
- An authentic email really coming from a particular company will address you by your first and last names or your business name.
- It will not ask you for sensitive information like your password, bank account or credit card details.
- Most fake emails threaten that your account will be in jeopardy if you do not take action immediately.
- An email that urgently requests you to supply sensitive personal information is usually an attempt at fraud.
- Fake emails often contain misspellings and grammatical errors or are written in a language which you did not set as preferred for your PayPal account.
Remember not to click any links in suspicious looking emails. Stay safe 🙂
Today I needed to concatenate a field from multiple rows in SQL Server to get a list of people names. Instead of doing it in code, you can use the following syntax:
DECLARE @Names VARCHAR(8000)
SELECT @name = ”
SELECT @Names = @Names + ‘,’ + Names FROM People
SELECT SUBSTRING(2, @Names, 7998)