Delete SVN Folders

Yesterday I changed my source control from VisualSVN to AnkhSVN and till now it was awesome. But I had some problems with projects that were being controlled by VisualSVN to start controlling them with AnkhSVN.

This is because the Subversion source control client maintains your local state in hidden folders named .svn inside your project, which can be a problem if you want to copy or share the project directory. The solution is to create a REG file with the code below. Continue reading

Source Control – AnkhSVN

ankhsvn

At work, we started using source control a year ago and after several packages we chose to use VisualSVN and was doing a good job until recently we started to find some problems. When trying to commit some changes, it was always asking to ‘Clean up’ the solution. Then obviously I would click on Clean up and upon doing so, another error was loading…. guess what… it’s asks me to Clean Up the solution…. and it’s never ending. It got on my nerves and today I started searching for another Source Control.

I found the AnkhSvn (don’t know how to spell it), checked some reviews and gave it a go! Till now it seems to be fantastic. It incorporates directly into Visual Studio’s Source Control (not like VisualSVN), it has a pending changes window (at the bottom of visual studio) from where you can write a message and commit with a simple step (not like VisualSVN where you have to right click the file, and choose commit… and if you’re lucky, it works)…. and the greatest feature of all is that it’s free!! For VisualSVN you’d have to pay around $50 for each user.

To use AnkhSVN for yourself, you just install a copy from here

To use AnkhSVN between multiple users, you need to install a copy on every user’s machine by downloading from here, then install VisualSVN Server (here) on the computer where you’ll store the Source Control files. Click here for a simple ‘How To’ to start using AnkhSVN. BTW… VisualSVN Server is also free so you’ll get the best of both worlds, for Free!

Till now i’m liking what i’m seeing… if I’ll find any problems… I’ll let you know. Happy controlling!! 🙂

For more info on:

For info on why you need to use a source control and back up, click here

Crystal Reports Problem

The following error loaded today when trying to output a crystal report from asp.Net:

Logon failed. Details: crdb_adoplus : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Error in Filename.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.

The problem was that I didn’t set the report’s DataSource. Next is the code that worked:

 

 

 

ReportDocument report = new ReportDocument();

 

 

report.Load(Server.MapPath(“Reports\Label.rpt”));

report.SetDataSource(dset);

report.ExportToDisk(ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat, full_path);

report.Clone();

report.Dispose();

Hope this helps someone!! 🙂

 

 

 

 

Disable Triggers

Last time, I had some calculation problems in one of my tables, and I needed to make a simple batch Update on the table but the following error was loading…

Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.

After several trial and errors, I finally found the problem: it was that I had a trigger on the table and it didn’t let me batch Update. After googling i found that you can disable any trigger using the following code in you SQL Statement:

DISABLE TRIGGER triggername ON tablename

add batch update or batch insert command;

ENABLE TRIGGER triggername ON tablename

And now the batch Update worked flawlessly. Hope this works for you too.

(PS. It’s important to insert a semi-colon (;) after your update or insert command, as it would give an error and wouldn’t re-enable the Trigger.)