Finally, a solution on how to sync your iPhone Calendar with your Google Calendar exists.
Click here for the solution that works fine to start synching!
Apparently, as some have noted in the comments, the goosync isn’t working as Apple doesn’t let third party applications change and manage it’s calendar on the iPhone. I will be contacting GooSync support to see if there is a work around. Sorry to all those that tried the steps and not having it working. If anyone managed to make this work, please let me know in the comments. Thanks.
So we’ve covered how you can sync your iPhone with Windows Live Contacts on Windows Vista. Now’s the time for Google… for those people who for a reason or another prefer Google products’ over Microsoft’s.
This post will not only show you the how to sync iPhone Contacts with Google Contacts, but also how to sync iPhone Calendar with Google Calendar. This is now possible to an online service called GooSync. Toffa International, the developers of GooSync, has recently added iPhone support to its online service.
This means that when you change, create or delete a contact, or an appointment, GooSync takes care to always sync the iPhone with Google’s online services which is done automatically.
As for Requirements, you need to either have an iPhone 3G or iPhone with 2.0 Software or greater.
Now the How To?… after the break… it’s a bit long 🙂
- Go to www.goosync.com
- Click register and enter the details (if already registered, skip this step)
- After registering, you will receive an email on the email address you specified during registration
- Open your email and click on the link provided to confirm your registration (hurry cause you only have 48 hours to confirm ;))
- Once the link is loaded, click continue and login with the registration details
- Select your phone model… Apple iPhone :D… and click Save Device
- Next open iTunes
- Go to AppStore
- Search for GooSync
- Download the app found titled ‘Synthesis SyncML Client for iPhone/iPod Touch‘… it’s Free!!
- Install on your iPhone
- Open the GooSync app and enter the following details
- … Sync Server URL: sync.goosync.com
- … Username: username specified in registration
- … Password: password specified in registration
- You are now ready to sync your iPhone with google over the air
PS. You can register from your computer/laptop or even your iPhone, not like meebo where you could only register using a computer/laptop.
If you have any problems with setting up your iPhone with GooSync, you can always check GooSync’s iPhone Forum by clicking here!! Happy GooSyncing!! 😉